The Health Foundation
The Health Foundation is an independent charity committed to bringing about better health and health care in the UK.
With a new Chief Executive and challenging new goals, it was changing fast, in size, focus and direction. The Health Foundation needed to assess whether it had the right structure, resources and balance of skills across its marketing, digital, media, publications and public affairs teams.
We were asked to conduct a full review of its communications including:
- interviews with all directors and communications team members;
- thorough, objective analysis of the directorate’s output and impact;
- a team workshop to capture ideas and insights;
- a benchmarking study exploring communications structures, strategies, budgets and areas of best practice within grant-funders in the UK and USA;
- a report which pulled all the findings together and helped to demonstrate the directorate’s contribution to the Foundation’s new strategic direction.
The review enabled the Health Foundation to focus communications resource where it can make most contribution to the organisation’s goals. It also enabled the communications directorate to develop its roles and activity in line with business needs and external trends, and helped to strengthen staff morale at a pressured time.